Παρασκευή 19 Νοεμβρίου 2021

Art of healing.

I am telling a story today about a woman I met years ago in the university. We met when I moved to a secluded room in order to make it my temporary art studio for a new project. She was there working alone and seemed happy to see me. I always liked to work alone there, when I saw people I used to go to the other side of the building, but this time I couldn't find any rooms, and she was welcoming, she asked me to share the room and I always appreciate acts of kindness. Nobody was that kind to me there. She was one of the brightest personalities I've ever encountered, very lighthearted, funny and gentle. A great soul. We started talking about art. You see she was suffering from this horrible disease, she had cancer. One day I was working on my project and I was frustrated. Then she came to see the artwork of mine. She gave some very nice tips that helped me back then. And then she said to me "The artist is more important than the doctor. Art is more important than medicine." I answered to her that art is very important for the soul and mind but medicine is essential for our survival, so I guess it's a little bit more important".She insisted politely and told me I was wrong. "Art can heal"  she said. Years passed and I see it. Doctors and medicines were not able to save her, art though? It saved her soul. She died happily doing what she loved.
And she still lives in my memory.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου